Takkula Farm Holidays
We offer you accommodation and activities by the beautiful Lake Kitkajärvi, 15 km north from Ruka Holiday Resort in northern Kuusamo.
At Takkula Farm Holidays you will find comfortable accommodation in the middle of the northern wilderness, as well as activities.
All cabins are equipped with TV-sets, stoves, fridges, microwave ovens, and coffee makers.
Log cabin "Lökölä"
4 + 2 people
- Log cabin 40 m2 with electric heating + loft 20 m2
- Two bedrooms, central heating
- Lounge-kitchen with a wood-burning fireplace
- Sauna with a wood-burning stove
Living area with wood-burning fireplace
Main building "Lepola"
8 - 10 people
- A log house built in 19th century, 120 m2
- One bigger and two smaller bedrooms, central heating
- Sauna, shower, dressing room, drying cabinet
- With extra beds suitable for a larger group.
Kitchen with modern facilities
- Old two-storey granaries with electric heating
- Toilet, shower, kitchenette
- Sleeping quarters upstairs
- For summer use only
Beds for four people
You never know what you find in the yard!
Semidetached house Mummola
- Living room, bedroom (2 people), small kitchen, vestibule
- Toilet, shower, sauna
- Extra beds in living room
Living room with extra beds
Bedroom for two
Sauna and Lappish hut on Request
We heat the smoke sauna for our guests on request and guests can also use our Lappish hut on request.
Great location for nature and sports activities
Oulanka nationalpark and famous hiking trail Karhunkierros is only 19 km from us. You should also visit the Riisitunturi National Park (25 km). Some trails are open all year round. Nice cafe Leenan Koskitupa is only about 7 km by the Kitkajoki River.
Ruka Holiday Center with all services, like restaurants, activities and events are just 10 minutes away.
In summer, you can fish at lake or at our famous rivers, Kitkajoki, Kuusinkijoki or Oulankajoki. You have access to our beach and boat.
In winter you can fish on ice (ice fishing), drive snowmobiles or cross-country skiing or downhill skiing. Don't forget arctic animals like huskies and reindeers.